Russell currently holds the position of Regional Manager and Official Assignee (OA) for the South Island of New Zealand. He is responsible for the;
- administration of all bankruptcies classified as complex in the South Island
- administration of liquidations in the South Island where the OA is appointed liquidator
- processing of all applications for bankruptcy, No Asset Procedure and Summary Instalment Order
- administration of all bankruptcies classified as non-complex, No Asset Procedures and Summary Instalment Orders
- administration of the Official Assignee trust accounts
He has worked for the New Zealand Insolvency & Trustee Service since 2004, though he did have a stint working for the Business Recovery Services unit of PWC between 2008 and 2009.
Russell is a Chartered Accountant and a member of Chartered Accountants Australia + New Zealand and the Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association New Zealand (RITANZ)